European star seeks global fanbase
Paul Pogba is a world-famous soccer star who plays central midfield for Manchester United. He was born outside of Paris to French-Guinean parents. When Attention Span began working with him, he had a dormant Twitter account and no other social media presence.
In 2014, Paul Pogba exploded upon the international soccer scene with dominant performances for Juventus, being named to the 2015 FIFA FIFPro World XI and showing the potential to become one of the sport’s all-time greats. Only one thing separated him from the other ten of the world’s best eleven players: a weak social media presence, with an audience that ranked 73rd among soccer players. Pogba’s management team brought in Attention Span to build an online audience befitting his world-class on-field talent.
Strategy: use the Fanatical platform and our team’s social media expertise to help establish Paul’s online presence and expand his fame globally.
- Worked with Instagram and Facebook teams to deactivate scores of imposter accounts and create verified accounts for Paul.
- Generated weekly reports on Paul’s social media fanbase, engagement and growth trends.
- Developed content and engagement strategies.
- Launched paulpogba.com.
“Clearly an outstanding generator of social media content” – The New York Times on Paul Pogba
- Paul is now a leading voice in the world of soccer on social media.
- His subsequent transfer from Juventus to Manchester United fetched a record transfer fee of $100 million (£89 Million).
New Instagram Followers
New Facebook Followers